A Cold Holiday Treat Simple and Scrumptious
In a hectic, stressful life, it is SO nice to have a got-to treat recipe. AND THEN YOU GET TO EAT IT!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- pinch fine sea salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups egg nog
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 row Gingerbread Oreo Cookies (crumbled)
- In medium large pot, bring heavy cream, salt and sugar to a low boil, turn down to a simmer and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool
- Combine with remaining ingredients, cover and allow to get COLD in refrigerator. (overnight is best). Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container with a tight fitting lid and just before freezing, stir in the cookie crumbles. Allow to ripen in freezer 2-4 hours.
- ENJOY the ecstasy of the holiday flavor melt on your tongue.
be good sweet readers. But not too good! That’s boring!! ;)