Cheesy Corn Dog Muffins Recipe…Archive
Why have it on a stick? Cheesy Corn Dog Muffins !
I love the way my boys minds work. Jeffy thinks in song….he bursts out in song at random moments and you can’t help but smile. Danjo is always thinking of ways he can help someone who needs a shoulder. David is constantly finding ways to make others happy and this time his result was getting creative with cupcakes/muffins with me.
Things didn’t turn out EXACTLY as we had planned. We wanted to watch some crazy movies, eat dessert first (caramel apple cupcakes with cotton candy buttercream…that later) then a crazy dinner….thus the Cheesy Corn dog muffins.
Well, we ended up watching the movie a few nights ago, and we had the muffins last night. I wanted to do the cupcakes, but I have a wedding cake and grooms cake due this weekend as well as packing and cleaning for our move so we will have to do the cupcakes another day. But of COURSE before we move. AND I WILL post those as well ;)
Cheesy Corn Dog Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups corn meal
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups sliced lil’ smokies or hot dogs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine cornmeal and buttermilk and allow to set for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Combine, eggs and oil to the cornmeal mixture then mix into the flour mixture until smooth.
- Fold in the cheese and hot dogs.
- Portion into 24 cupcake wrappers and bake for 25-30 minutes.
So quick and easy! Enjoy!
Be good sweet readers, but not too good. (that’s boring) ;)