Four Roses Dark Chocolate Truffles
A while ago, I received some phenomenal bourbon. I COULD drink the whole thing. I should NOT. I WILL not. Instead I made a LOT of truffles. A LOT…and here I am to share the recipe with you. It only seems fair. You share your time with me.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- zest 2 oranges (big strips, not the tiny zest)
- 1lb good dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon
- In small sauce pan, heat cream and orange zest to a high simmer. Keep an eye on it...cream likes to boil over. That's not fun.
- Immediately add cream and butter to chocolate and remove zest. Shake the bowl a little to settle the chocolate and allow to set for a minute or two. Now stir, stir, stir, until smooth and silky.
- Add the bourbon and stir until completely incorporated. Bring the truffle batter to room temperature then cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Scoop out a big grape sized portion of truffle and roll into a ball. (it's gonna be messy, but you'll never be happier to lick your hands)
- I rolled mine in cocoa powder to deepen the flavor even more,but feel free to go wild, roll in sprinkles, powdered sugar, finely chopped nuts...let your imagination GO!