Fresh Cherry Mojitos
You will need to use the fresh cherry syrup I posted previously. So prepare and refrigerate that first. It’s most definitely worth it.
- 4-5 dark, sweet cherries, pitted
- 5-10 fresh mint leaves (to taste)
- 1/4 cup cherry syrup (see previous post)
- juice of 1/2 a lime (about a 1/4 cup)-you could sub in lemon
- crushed ice
- 1-2 shots good quality rum
- seltzer to top off (I use my SodaStream, I LOVE it!)
- In 16 ounce glass, or jar, muddle (squoosh) cherries and mint to release juices.
- Pour cherry syrup and citrus juice over the muddly goodness.
- Add rum and stir.
- Add crushed ice half way.
- Pour a little seltzer and stir to mix it all together.
- Top off with seltzer. Gently stir.
- Enjoy the nirvana that is Fresh Cherry Mojitos
Be good sweet readers. But not too good! That’s boring ;)