Green and Black’s Pretzel Toffee and a Giveaway!!
Green and Black’s is an organic chocolate that I have ADORED for years. Adoration, really, is an understatement. Their chocolate is exquisite. I wanted to share the chocolate nirvana with my friends and family, and I figured what better place than a celebration. You see, I was planning on having a Homecoming party for my husband. He is recently retired from the Navy…no more leaving home for extended periods of time or working during big holidays. It is worthy of a celebration. I wrote Green and Blacks and asked if they would be willing to help out with such a big moment in our lives. They were generous enough to help out with my dessert needs AND to offer to share with you all as well!
Sadly, my husband’s party has had to be postponed…I think it is now going to turn into a Halloween/20th Anniversary/Retirement party. That should be fun ;) But the delicious show must go on. I forged ahead, made scrumptious desserts with amazing chocolate and shared at a different homecoming. My nephew’s homecoming.
|Prep time||15 minutes|
- 4 cups small pretzels
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 bars Green and Black's Espresso Chocolate (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon shortning
|1.||spread half of the pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, set aside. |
|2.||In a heavy bottomed pot, combine butter, sugar and salt. Stir until it comes to a boil, then stop stirring and bring to 295 degrees F. on a candy thermometer.|
|3.||Add baking soda and vanilla, stir quickly then pour evenly over the pretzels.|
|4.||Sprinkle remaining pretzels over the hot toffee, carefully and lightly press into the toffee so that it will adhere. Allow to cool.|
|5.||Melt together the chocolate and shortening in a double boiler over very gently simmering water. You may also do this in the microwave in very short burst so as not to burn the chocolate. When it is melted pour over the pretzel toffee, tilting the pan of toffee to get even coverage. Allow to cool then break into pieces. ENJOY!|
How do you win all that amazing chocolate? White Chocolate, Toffee Chocolate, Espresso Chocolate and Baking Chocolate??? Here’s how.
1. Pin one of the images on this post for an entry. You may also pin an image from the following Green and Black’s posts for additional entries. Just be sure to let me know in the comments with a link to the pin.
2. Subscribe to my blog. Let me know in a separate comment. Please be sure to make each entry a separate comment to qualify.
3. Follow Green and Black’s on Facebook. Let me know in a comment and feel free to let them know I sent you!
4. Follow me on Facebook. Let me know HERE on my blog, in a comment!
5. Double entry if you do something sweet and random for a stranger. Let me know about it in a comment. We are working on the honor system here folks so be kind :)
You can do as few or as many of the entries as you like. I will announce the winner on the 4th and final blog post. The winner will be chosen by Random.org.
Be on the lookout for White Chocolate Lemon Meringue Bites, Mocha Toffee Marshmallows and Espresso Chocolate Ganache Bites….so much sweet goodness!!
***Full disclosure, Green and Black’s provided me with the chocolates to make these recipes as well as the giveaway prize pack. I asked them because I love their product and want to be able to share them with you. All opinions are my own and they will remain that way…though I know you will love them too!
Be good sweet readers! But not too good. That’s boring ;)