Happy National Blueberry Pancake Day!! What a DAY!
MAN what a day I have had. As if it isn’t enough that today is National Blueberry Pancake Day!
I got to be on Montana This Morning on KPAX to make blueberry pancakes with them (using Driscoll’s Berries of course!) and play around a little bit. It was HUGE amounts of fun. I may just start going over there and hanging out just because ;)
I also took them MY version of Blueberry Pancakes for the honored occasion. Blueberry Pancake Cupcakes with Whiskey Maple Buttercream using my favorite and MANY of yours….Jack Daniel’s. They are SO good.
For the blueberries, just warm 2 clam shells of Driscoll’s blueberries with 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup Jack Daniel’s. Bring to a high simmer and simmer until thickened. Once you remove from the heat, add a few extra fresh blueberries and a squeeze of lemon.
NOW! For that Whiskey Maple Buttercream!
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 packet 3 oz. instant vanilla pudding
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniel's
- 3 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/3-1/2 cup heavy cream (to taste )
- 1/2-3/4 cup powdered sugar (more or less to taste)
- cream butter and pudding mix starting at low speed then moving up to high speed. Beat the heck out of it for about 3-5 minutes
- Add Jack, maple flavoring and cream and start on slow speed. Slowly build speed until you are at medium high. Beat again until light and fluffy.
- Turn off. Add powdered sugar (starting with only 1/3 cup) begin beating on low, once the sugar is incorporated, taste to see if you nee more sugar....(or booze) add what is needed then beat on medium high speed for 5-10 minutes to make it nice and fluffy.
To fill the cupcake, simply cut a conical shape out of the center of the cupcake, fill it with the blueberry filling then top with buttercream! Ferpecto as my sister would say!
Be good sweet readers. But not too good! That’s boring ;)