Jack Daniel’s Dark Chocolate Cupcakes Recipes…Archive
Father’s Day Cupcakes just for Dad Dark Chocolate and Whiskey
Now, keep in mind I made these quite a while ago. However, when ever I hear someone talk or ask about a masculine cupcake or dessert, my mind goes directly to these amazing cupcakes. Dark Chocolate Whiskey Cupcakes. They certainly have a kick and are oh so good. There are very few men out there that I have described these to that didn’t swoon just a little (in a VERY manly way, of course).
In honor of my dad (who enjoys Jack Daniels) I am sharing this recipe with you just a few days before Father’s Day so that maybe you can share the joy with YOUR father, or husband, or father friend or just the favorite fathers in your life. They will thank you. As Always, there are three different recipes for this one cupcake. We have the dark chocolate cupcake, the dark chocolate whiskey ganache filling and the dark chocolate whiskey buttercream.
Lets start with the cupcake shall we?
Chocolate J.D. Cupcakes
- 2 Cups (10 ounces) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (3.75 ounces) coco powder
- 2 cups (14.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup super strong coffee
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In separate bowl (I use a 4 or 8 cup measuring vessel) combine the eggs, coffee, whiskey, buttermilk and oil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared cupcake cups…(I use 4 ounce souffle cups also known as nut and portion cups) I only fill half full and they come right up to the top.
- Bake in preheated oven about 18-20 minutes until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool completely.
Dark Chocolate Whiskey Ganache
- 16 ounces good quality dark chocolate 65-72 %, chopped into small pieces 1/4 inch or less.
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- place the chocolate in a heat proof bowland set aside.
- heat heavy cream until just boiling. Pour over chocolate.
- Cover chocolate and cream for 2 minutes to allow chocolate to soften. Uncover and stir with whisk until smooth and silky.
- stir in butter until fully incorporated.
- stir in whiskey until fully incorporated, cool completely.
Dark Chocolate Whiskey Buttercream
- 1 lb. unsalted butter, softened
- 1- 3 ounce package white chocolate, vanilla or cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate Whiskey ganache
- 1/2 cup sifted dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- more whiskey to taste
- In stand mixer beat the butter and pudding mix together on medium high speed for 5 minutes or so.
- Turn off, add the ganache, cocoa powder and heavy cream. Beat for another 5 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar a little bit at a time, tasting as you go until it is sweet enough for you then beat on medium high for at least 5 more minutes.
- If it isn’t a strong enough whiskey taste for you add Tablespoon by Tablespoon of whiskey until it is to your liking.
So go share with your favorite Daddies my sweet readers. I hope you all find beauty in your day.
Be good sweet readers, but not too good…that’s boring ;)