Might as Well Call It Memory Pie
- 1 8" graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cups Irish Cream, Whiskey or favorite liqueur (my Nana just used water, but I just can't leave well enough alone. ;))
- 6 egg yolks (have these set aside in a medium sized bowl)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In medium sized pot, combine sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Whisk in evaporated milk, liqueur (or water if you choose) until smooth. Heat until it begins to steam.
- Pour about 1 cup of the liquid into the egg yolks and whisk until smooth, then pour this back into the flour mixture.
- Add butter and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens quite a bit. Remove immediately from heat.Stir in the vanilla.
- Place filling in a blender and blend until super smooth. Pour mixture into graham cracker crust. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate a few hours.
- Top with mounds of whipped cream or Cool Whip and serve.
Be good sweet readers! Not too good, that’s boring! ;)