Triple Chocolate Cupcakes filled with Whiskey Caramel White Chocolate
First things first. Make the Salted Whiskey Caramel and try not to eat it all before you use it in the White Chocolate Ganache. Mine was made a week in advance. I’m sure you could do the same or the same day if you wanted. Depends on time and how much work you want to do.
- 1/2 cup salted whiskey caramel
- 12oz finely chopped white chocolate (look for cocoa butter in the ingredients)
- 2/3 cups heavy cream
- Place caramel and white chocolate in a heat proof bowl and set aside.
- Heat cream to just simmering (tiny bubbles around the edges and just steaming) remove from heat and pour over the chocolate mixture. Cover and allow to melt the chocolate a few minutes.
- Stir until smooth then bring to room temperature. Keep refrigerated when not in use.
So now you have that done. Lucky you. Now make the Chocolate Cupcakes. These are SO easy! I like to make my cupcakes the night before they are easier to core for filling this way.
To fill the cupcakes you want to cut a cone out of the center of the cupcake to make a cup to hold the filling. Some people choose to keep the chunk of cake they have cut out to put back on,
sometimes I just eat all of the cones. I always show restraint and toss them if I won’t be using them on the cupcake. Anyways, fill the holed out cupcakes with your whiskey caramel white chocolate, put the cones back on if you haven’t eaten them all, then top with your Milk Chocolate Frosting.
- 6 Bars Hershey's Milk Chocolate (crumbled)
- 2 oz dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- 2 cups unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1-3oz package vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2/3 cups heavy cream
- Gently melt the chocolate either in a double boiler, stirring constantly just until melted or in the microwave in 20 second spurts (stirring every 20 seconds) until smooth. Set aside to cool, but be sure it is still pourable.
- Beat the butter and pudding mix on high until light, fluffy and increased in volume. Turn the mixer down to medium and slowly pour in the cream. Beat on high for a few more minutes.
- Slowly drizzle in the melted chocolate until fully incorporated.
Be good sweet readers. But not too good! That’s boring ;)
Update! A wonderful reader notified me that I forgot to post my Minecraft birthday cake! Here ya go!!